This is the third installment in my collection (o)-bjects. The original idea was to practice drawing somewhat intricate icons. Later, I came up with the idea to contrast the simplicity of the line drawings with whimsical title styling. Probably unnecessary, but I went with the idea nonetheless.

To give the body of the blender the undulating curve look I saw in photos I used Sato’s Round Any Corner script. Somewhere along the way I had the idea of making the letters look like they had been blended. I first wrote out the word “Blender,” then expanded it and worked on each letter individual. I took a rectangle and modified it using Roughen.

Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 3.11.27 PM

I used Minus Front to get small sections of each letter and then used a variety of effects.Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 3.15.28 PMI used a variety of effects to get different looks. Mainly Zig Zag, Roughen, Tweak, Warp, and Twist. Below various versions of these effects are shown for the ‘B.’ I then layered the effects to get the final product.


Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 12.33.08 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 2.50.48 PM


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s