Here are reviews for the month of November.
1. Man in the High Castle
Didn’t see the sci-fi element coming.
2. Jessica Jones
Spending a few dollars on headphones is worth the investment.
3. Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
Steve Jobs 2.0.
4. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Pushes the outlier model from the luck of talent to the luck of circumstance.
5. The Sports Gene by David Epstein
Sometimes genes matter…a lot.
6. Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and Eric Klinenberg
Love is both hard and beautiful.
7. Master of None by Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang
Love is both beautiful and hard.
8. Open by Andre Agassi biography
Life imitates tennis.
9. Red Oaks
Not quite Wonder Years or My So-called Life or even Freaks and Geeks or Skins, but entertaining, easy to watch, and predictable in an endearing way.
10. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Boyz n the Hood meets Foucault (the best – and most beautifully written – introduction to critical studies I’ve come across).
Season 4 tho!
12. Shameless (US Version)
Starting Season 3. A bit uneven; headed the way of Californication in the way it toys with the audience and doesn’t have the patience to give the characters some stability for even part of an episode. Has some good moments though, worth giving a shot.
13. The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries by Neil deGrasse Tyson
We might actually be from Mars. Like really.